Can we just drool over this Playstation Wireless Stereo Headset for a minute? I am a video game nerd with a touch of Sony Fangirl thrown in there so when Sony announced this Playstation headset, I knew I had to have it. Lucky for me, I received it as a Christmas present!! Unlike most other headsets, you can hear the game sounds along with other players’ voices inside the headset. This takes the gaming experience to a whole new level if you play FFSs or anything quieter sounds (like footsteps) or if you game late at night when others are trying to sleep.
– It fits like a dream. To try them out, I played the new FFXIII-2 Demo with them on. I got so sucked in to the game that I honestly forgot I was wearing them, which is so rare for me because headsets normally drive me crazy.
– On-screen display tells you how loud the volume is, when you are connected, etc.
– It doesn’t say on the site if they are actually noise-canceling or not but when I put them on, I can immediately notice a difference and I could not hear much of anything outside of the game sounds. If you enjoy playing games but are easily distracted by a noisy roommate or something, then these are great!
– Works on the PC. Previously, I had a wired headset for my PC and a bluetooth connecting earpiece for my PS3. Now I can use this one headset for both!
– It is a bit pricey, but completely worth it in my opinion.
– I don’t own 1000 to give to all of my friends. (As if I have 1000 friends… ha!)
All in all, I am over the moon about these babies and I cannot wait to dive in to Skyrim (on PC, for those curious) while using them!
Do you own a pair? If so, did you find any more negatives about them? Let me know in the comments!