With the start of the new year, I figured it was time to finally start working on some of the things I’ve talked about wanting to do for years. Blogging is one of them.
Technically, I’ve been blogging since I was in 6th grade on Livejournal with a few short-lived journals on various other sites (oh man, remember Xanga?) here and there. Livejournal is how I’ve made several friends including some of my best long-distance friends and also how I kept in touch with a bunch of people that I used to play a MUD (multi-user dungeon/dimension/domain; they are old school MMOs using only text, basically) with while I was in high school. Now my Livejournal is rarely used and completely private so I figured creating a public blog would be fun and challenging.
I am also an avid blog reader. Currently, my favorite blogs to read are The Dainty Squid, Krysti Pryde, and Kyla Roma. These ladies are absolutely inspirational and amazing. Their blogs have definitely inspired me and they always lead me to new interesting blogs to read!
My hopes and dreams for this blog:
– Blog often, with varying subjects and interesting finds
– Figure out what weekly posts I would like to participate in and follow through with them
– Let this act as my creative outlet and hopefully inspire me to do more things I’ve been talking about for ages
– Get connected with the amazing blogging community
– Practice my photography and web design skills (that are very, very poor and limited)
I welcome anyone to come along for this new adventure!